Best Hair Ties for Every Hair Texture
When our team set out to create the best ties for every hair texture, we tested our product for two years to make sure we had the perfect combo of durability and comfort. TIY custom hair ties are made with a high-quality elastomer core that offers the right amount of elasticity without stretching out or breaking the way traditional hair ties do.
TIY is all about customizing your hair tie so it works for you. Our hair ties arrive as long, coiled strands, ready for you to custom cut to the perfect length for your hair.
Do you have thick, textured hair? No problem! All you need to do is unravel about 34 inches of your TIY hair tie, cut and tie a four-loop hair tie and voila!
That’s four hair ties in one, and that’s the magic of TIY. Ready to browse our selection? SHOP TIY NOW!
Hair Texture Types
Your hair is as unique as you are. That means versatility is the name of the game when it comes to hair accessories that work for all hair texture types. Whether you have thin, straight and fine hair, luscious thick curls or gorgeously textured hair, TIY hair ties will work for you.
Hair Ties for Curly Hair
The best hair ties for curly hair need to provide maximum hold without damaging your hair. Unfortunately, many hair tie options rely on metal clasps or glued seams that can damage your hair. If you’re on the hunt for curly hair ties without metal or glue, then TIY is the ultimate hair tie for you.
Hair Tie for Dreadlocks
Cut your TIY hair tie the perfect length to hold dreadlocks in style and comfort all day long. A great dreadlock hair tie is one you can customize to fit your locks, no matter how you choose to wear them.
Tie TIY hair ties for dreadlocks by forming as many loops as you need and making them the right size for your hair.
Tie Up Your Hair After Getting Extensions
Hair extensions are a great way to add volume and length to your hair, but they present a few styling challenges. To tie up your hair with extensions, try out this method for a sleek high ponytail:
- Form a small ponytail at the crown of your head.
- Take a hair weft and clip it into your hair as close to the hair tie as possible. Then, repeat with the remaining wefts, clipping them around the first one by one.
- Tighten all the clips.
- Gather your remaining hair into a high ponytail, making sure you cover the bases of your clip-in wefts.
- Secure your hair with your TIY custom hair tie, using a brush and hairspray to tame any flyaways.
- For some extra sleek style, take a section of hair and wrap it around the base of your ponytail, carefully securing it with a bobby pin to hide your hair tie.
Tie Up Frizzy Hair
When it comes to styling frizzy hair, it’s important to embrace its naturally coarse and curly texture. From ditching the hairbrush for a wide-tooth comb and combing hair from the bottom up to deep-conditioning those tresses at least once a week, there’s plenty you can do to get the best out of naturally frizzy hair.
To tie up frizzy hair, using the right size hair tie is essential to avoid hair damage. TIY allows you the versatility you need to find what works for you.
Braided hair is fun and gorgeous, but it can be a challenge to style without damaging your braids. That’s why we break down seven easy and fast ways to put your hair up with box braids using TIY hair ties.
Types of Braided Hair
We love a good braid in any form. Whether you’re getting ready to hit the gym or perfecting your coffee date look, there’s a braid for every occasion. These are just a few of our favorite types of braids:
- Micro Braids — These braids are so tiny that they act like extra thick hair strands. That means micro braids can be styled much like unbraided hair, worn up or down, or twisted into a top knot and secured with a damage-free TIY hair tie.
- Box Braids — In this style, hair gets sectioned off into precise squares, or boxes, and braided down its entire length. A popular protective style, box braids are versatile and can be worn loose or tied up into a ponytail or bun with a custom sized TIY hair tie.
- French/Dutch Braids — These classic styles use the basic three-strand braiding method of a simple braid, except that you start braiding at the scalp, slowly adding more hair to each strand as you go. French/Dutch braids are a great way to lock in layered hair and tame frizz.
- Fishtail Braids — This style is whimsical, romantic and perfect for an afternoon out. If you have a little extra time and patience, try out a fishtail braid and secure it with your TIY hair tie to keep all your hard work locked in, no matter what.
Hair Ties That Are Good for Your Hair
When you’re ready to ditch nightmare accessories for hair ties that are as good for your hair as they are for you, browse our selection here. Join our amazing community on Instagram and Facebook and check out our Youtube channel for pro tips and tutorials.